My Life as a Las Vegas DJ

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Luau Time

Rico Madrid, founder of the Las Vegas Band, Standing Room Only (SRO), landed me a DJ gig for a private party in Las Vegas this Labor Day weekend. It was a luau theme.  I had been the DJ for this Las Vegas group of people before, so I had a pretty good idea of what type of music they liked.  Since this was a special private Las Vegas event, I decided to bring out the "wheels of steel", my Technics 1200 turntables.

It was a great event.  Plenty of food and free drinks kept everyone in a festive mood. While Djing I played plenty of Beach Boys and Don Ho, to keep the luau theme.  Lot's of people were impressed to see me playing real vinyl records. It felt good to have people enjoy themselves, dance and compliment me on my music selection. 

Most of the ladies dressed in some sort of luau clothes; grass skirts, bikini tops, etc.  The guys kept in the spirit of things as well by donning hawaiian shirts and summer hats.

I'll probably Dj for this same Las Vegas group at their annual halloween party in October. What should I dress up as?

DJ Angel - VegasDeeJay.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment