My Life as a Las Vegas DJ

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Big Backyard Wedding

Las Vegas DJ

Last week friends of mine were getting married in Las Vegas and needed a Las Vegas DJ/MC for their wedding reception.  The reception took place at their Las Vegas home, which has a huge backyard.  The house is at the end of a cul-de-sac and the plan was to have the guests drink and enjoy appetizers in the front of the house.  The backyard was to be the central location of the reception - the bridal party would make their grand entrance, dinner, special dances, etc.

I set my gear up in the backyard, ran some speaker wire up to the front and setup a speaker.  That way the guests could enjoy music while they mingle and enjoy the refreshments.

Over 100 people turned out for the Las Vegas wedding reception and it was a blast playing favorite dance songs.  Since both the bride and groom were Italian, they wanted the Tarantella Dance.  It's a group song - dancers form a circle, clap hands and take turns dancing to the center of the circle.  Lots of fun, especially after a few drinks!

I was booked for 4 hours, but they had me entertain for an extra hour. It's great when that happens.  I feel like I've done my part to make a memorable occasion and of course it's nice to have a little extra cash.

DJ Angel- VegasDeeJay.Com

No comments:

Post a Comment